The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
My responses would have been "and I sell mime for 17" or "Then go to TSC" depending on my mood
I was being very generous and was going to give her 2 free poults if she bought the 6. She still wanted them for $10 each. So I stood firm and told her "before I sell them to you for $10 each I will eat them all." I think she got upset at me when I said "I can afford to keep them." Whether I sell the poults or grow them out and eat them makes no difference to me. I had a few extras and put the ad up trying to sell them but after the encounter with the biggest Karen in my county, I won't be doing that again anytime soon. lol

I was being very generous and was going to give her 2 free poults if she bought the 6. She still wanted them for $10 each. So I stood firm and told her "before I sell them to you for $10 each I will eat them all." I think she got upset at me when I said "I can afford to keep them." Whether I sell the poults or grow them out and eat them makes no difference to me. I had a few extras and put the ad up trying to sell them but after the encounter with the biggest Karen in my county, I won't be doing that again anytime soon. lol
That's the problem nowadays, people are so self-entitled. I had people reply to my ads then cancel on pick-up day. VERY frustrating. Had to sell the chicks at auction, then quickly clean up the brooder for the next ones.

I may stick to selling hatching eggs, OR ask for deposits.

On another note, the MeeF continues to exceed expectations (still hand turning since I'm overfilling, lol!).

ask for deposits.
Asking for deposits if you are taking orders early is always a good idea before hatching, especially if you don't know the buyer. I mainly have repeat customers that can't wait to get their poults each spring. And any extras and then some are fed until Novembers feast and sold then. I'd rather sell poults than processed birds but do sell some whole not processed that works out well.

That's it. Hovabator Genesis 1588. I now have 2 duds. GQF is sending another one. I have spent nearly $200 trying to fix my old one, with the new parts. Could have gotten a brand new one with a turner for that I believe.
I have had three for about 12 years... I've rewired the thermostats on two of mine that died.. first one I put another electronic in and it lasted about 2 years and went out again.. Now I rewire them with a Wafer thermostat.. I put my own light in too.. With the newer heat element and fan that wafer holds it almost as steady as the electronic did.. Mine cycles from about 99.2-99.9 on a brinsea spot check.. Im getting ready to retire my last one to a Wafer because its starting to creep.. Though this last thermostat is almost 8 years old so I cant complain....
If anyone is interested I can take pics and make a diagram on how I wire the wafer in the 1588...

I have had three for about 12 years... I've rewired the thermostats on two of mine that died.. first one I put another electronic in and it lasted about 2 years and went out again.. Now I rewire them with a Wafer thermostat.. I put my own light in too.. With the newer heat element and fan that wafer holds it almost as steady as the electronic did.. Mine cycles from about 99.2-99.9 on a brinsea spot check.. Im getting ready to retire my last one to a Wafer because its starting to creep.. Though this last thermostat is almost 8 years old so I cant complain....
If anyone is interested I can take pics and make a diagram on how I wire the wafer in the 1588...
Yes I would be interested. If mine go out I'm not sure I will buy another electronic thermostat to fix them. They are expensive.

That's the problem nowadays, people are so self-entitled. I had people reply to my ads then cancel on pick-up day. VERY frustrating. Had to sell the chicks at auction, then quickly clean up the brooder for the next ones.

I may stick to selling hatching eggs, OR ask for deposits.

On another note, the MeeF continues to exceed expectations (still hand turning since I'm overfilling, lol!).
Yes they are self-entitled. And not that I'm above haggling, but when someone low balls you that bad it's rude. I would have went down to $15 each, but for $10 each I would rather eat them myself. I may try to sell a few grow outs once they are a little older.

Yes I would be interested. If mine go out I'm not sure I will buy another electronic thermostat to fix them. They are expensive.
Yea, that was my issue. they are good little incubators but the thermostat is expensive for what it is.. I know a lot of folks hate wafers but Ive had good service from them.. Ive got two at a local school right now with wafers and since I set them for the classroom temp I have not had to touch them since..
I'm going over there tomorrow to candle eggs. Ill try to remember to take a pic of it

Yea, that was my issue. they are good little incubators but the thermostat is expensive for what it is.. I know a lot of folks hate wafers but Ive had good service from them.. Ive got two at a local school right now with wafers and since I set them for the classroom temp I have not had to touch them since..
I'm going over there tomorrow to candle eggs. Ill try to remember to take a pic of it
That sounds great! I may never need to convert mine but I would like to know how. I've got my old one that I've had for years I could try it on. It's thermostat is bad.

 The way you rewire yours, does the fan still work? I would want to keep the fan going.

That sounds great! I may never need to convert mine but I would like to know how. I've got my old one that I've had for years I could try it on. It's thermostat is bad.

 The way you rewire yours, does the fan still work? I would want to keep the fan going.
Yea it works just like always the only difference is the thermostat.. fan works like it should..

Back
Top Bottom