The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Have 6 others that are full of duck eggs that I know of for sure. And maybe more not sure hard to keep track of those free ranging duck incubators. Just going 100% old school no plug ins here this spring for first time. Only have one pic of Duck model. :D
thumbnail (20).jpg

Have 6 others that are full of duck eggs that I know of for sure. And maybe more not sure hard to keep track of those free ranging duck incubators. Just going 100% old school no plug ins here this spring for first time. Only have one pic of Duck model. :D View attachment 3809116
How sweet! I'm hatching duck eggs too, but my incubators probably aren't as good as yours. Nothing beats a good ol broody hen at hatching. I'm jealous of all the free time you'll have not brooding ducklings and poults this year. Babies are keeping me busy here. Will your turkey hens set twice a year?

Some would but I never let them, some would never quit hatching eggs all summer long if I keep taking hatchlings and adding eggs. But I never let them do that either usually have to break up nests and block them from getting back on them to break a few.
Are you going to let your hens raise their poults or will you take them from them?

I take them most are usually sold, so I take them at hatching and put them in brooders. Makes pickups much easier and less losses. If I do let a hen brood a clutch, I separate them for a few weeks before letting them in main pens.
I thought I was going to be okay-ish at selling turkey poults. Turns out I'm anti-social and strongly dislike haggling. So after my first and only near-transaction, my husband and I took the ad down for poults and decided to raise them all up and eat them.

Here is how the encounter went:

Lady responds to ad, asking to come pick out 6 poults. My first mistake was letting her come to pick poults out. Once she was here she proceeded to try to shake me down, asking me to take $10 each for the poults instead of the previously agreed upon price of $17 each. Her rationale for $10 each was because "that's how much tractor supply sells them for." I proceeded to educate her that TSC sells the BB variety, that is why they are cheaper. I told her mine were Heritage turkeys and could actually breed naturally, unlike BB which do not have long lifespans and can have leg problems, health problems, etc. She acted like she had me bent over a barrel, refusing to pay more than $10 each. I told her I could afford to keep them, and that before I sold them to her for $10 each, I would eat them all. End of encounter.

:smack

I thought I was going to be okay-ish at selling turkey poults. Turns out I'm anti-social and strongly dislike haggling. So after my first and only near-transaction, my husband and I took the ad down for poults and decided to raise them all up and eat them.

Here is how the encounter went:

Lady responds to ad, asking to come pick out 6 poults. My first mistake was letting her come to pick poults out. Once she was here she proceeded to try to shake me down, asking me to take $10 each for the poults instead of the previously agreed upon price of $17 each. Her rationale for $10 each was because "that's how much tractor supply sells them for." I proceeded to educate her that TSC sells the BB variety, that is why they are cheaper. I told her mine were Heritage turkeys and could actually breed naturally, unlike BB which do not have long lifespans and can have leg problems, health problems, etc. She acted like she had me bent over a barrel, refusing to pay more than $10 each. I told her I could afford to keep them, and that before I sold them to her for $10 each, I would eat them all. End of encounter.

:smack
My responses would have been "and I sell mime for 17" or "Then go to TSC" depending on my mood

Back
Top Bottom