Rhode Island Red/Easter Egger cross

I have a RIR rooster and EE hen eggs in my incubator right now and they are set to hatch in 11 days. I'm hoping to end up with some hens that lay olive hued eggs! I know they won't be as dark as a Maran EE cross but I'm hopeful for a few shades lighter. If anyone else has any more information on their next generation egg results from this cross I'd love to know!
If the Easter Egger hens are silver (black and white coloring), you'll get sexlinked chicks.

I have a RIR rooster and EE hen eggs in my incubator right now and they are set to hatch in 11 days. I'm hoping to end up with some hens that lay olive hued eggs! I know they won't be as dark as a Maran EE cross but I'm hopeful for a few shades lighter. If anyone else has any more information on their next generation egg results from this cross I'd love to know!

This is what mine lays.

I noticed that when I had my EE Roosters x Rhode Island Red's, Welsummers and Gold and Silver Wyandotte's Hens, this cross is a sex-link, all the male chicks will have yellow legs and females greenish legs on 1st generation all had peacombs.
Only works on first crossing.

I crossed an Easter Egger roo and a Production Red hen and this is what I got.

This is the Easter Egger daddy, Buddha.

This is the Production Red mom, Ivy.

This is the baby. She has production red coloring with muffs, a beard, peacomb, and green legs. She lays green eggs with a bit of an olive hue to them.

By production red you mean utility RIR?

I hatched a RIR x EE (RIR mother, EE father) she is 10 weeks old now.
I’ve been reading about olive eggers and I’m hoping to get some sort of olive hue in her eggs when she begins to lay. It’s not going to be the strongest color but it will definitely be interesting to see I’ll try and update on here when the time comes.
719B0087-0528-4E92-AB6F-0CD359F5CC88.jpeg

she has very vibrant green legs and puffy cheeks. She was raised by a broody hen and although I was spending lots of time with them to make them tame she came out the tamest of them all. Her comb hasn’t fully developed yet but from the looks of it, it looks like a mix of a single and pea more of the single.

I hatched a RIR x EE (RIR mother, EE father) she is 10 weeks old now.
I’ve been reading about olive eggers and I’m hoping to get some sort of olive hue in her eggs when she begins to lay. It’s not going to be the strongest color but it will definitely be interesting to see I’ll try and update on here when the time comes.
View attachment 2253313
she has very vibrant green legs and puffy cheeks. She was raised by a broody hen and although I was spending lots of time with them to make them tame she came out the tamest of them all. Her comb hasn’t fully developed yet but from the looks of it, it looks like a mix of a single and pea more of the single.
Any update? Has she started laying yet?

Chicks12weeks.png
The one in the back is production redxAmeraucana, possibly middle front as well. These were 12 weeks old.

20200928_163532.jpg

Same with a few in this pen, same hatch but 6 months. Especially the darker ones, like the one on the left facing the camera. All of the above are pullets

Boys.png

Cockerels, about 12 weeks old. Same hatch.

Back
Top Bottom