Neighbors

:welcome Welcome to the BYC forum.

Sorry you are having problems with your neighbors. They sound like idiots.

I lived next door to an older couple for about 20 years before they passed on. We had a great relationship. In fact, I get along with all my neighbors. But a young couple bought that property next to me and put up a split rail fence within a few weeks. They made their statement that they wanted to be left alone. Oh well, it's been about 7 years now and I have never said another word to them.

On my other side, I had neighbors for 30 years. Watched their youngest daughter grow up and go off to college. They moved about 5 years ago to retire down in Arizona. I got along fine with my new neighbors when they moved into that house, but they had a terrible time with the rest of community. They only stayed about 3 years and then left. It was that bad for them. Arguments over property lines, surveyor hired to mark the property lines, fence went up between the neighbors (but not me) and things just never improved for them.

I hope you find a way to live besides your neighbors. Even if you don't care to be friends, maybe at least you all just live in peace separately. Having said that, life is short, and I would not stay in any position where I was miserable. You might ultimately be happier on property with no animal restrictions and few, if any, nosey neighbors. Good luck.

Welcome. I have 6-acres but still have kind of far away neighbors. They are scared of my chickens (it is the funniest thing), but they are all great. I agree with @sourland, move. You neighbors behavior is extreme and difficult to ignore. I am also sorry you think this typical for a small town. It is not. In any case, hate is not acceptable anywhere. Sell or rent your house out to someone that has chickens :lol: and move.

:welcome

Hi, sorry you're having neighbor issues. I would guess if they want to be difficult, they'll find something to be difficult about, whether that be chickens or something else. I'd move, life is too short for that nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom