Neighbors

coopschicks48

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2022
I moved to Minden Iowa from neola Iowa lived with girlfriend in neola we had 9 hens when we moved 2.5 years ago. I had to put my hens in the shed for the time being until I got something built. 7 days later I got a letter from Minden county clerk Teresa saying a meter reader notice I had chickens and they don't allow chickens here in Minden so they held a meeting with the city council and I was able to go the next meeting was cancelled cause of weather I wasn't prepared for next one so I called her she said I didn't have to go but next one they are voting with or without me well they decided to vote at that meeting I eventually got to talk to them and they voted no chickens come to find out in the meeting they lied to me on how they out about chickens it was my neighbor Handy. So I took them 2 miles up the road they made sure to peak into the shed from a window I had cameras in the shed when chickens were in there. Ok fast forward about a year later one of my first hens was broody so I was working on porch in the back had to get a block from were chickens were went to get block brought the two chickens back to house in minden to try and break her broodyness . I get home and get a chicken out take to the back I get the other one neighbors kid seen me bring hen to back he went right to his dad in the back of his house ia chased a chicken so it wouldn't go over to neighbors as I get to back of my shed the dad is calling me a idiot and his wife is saying what are you having conjugal visits with your chickens I was so speechless He's even in the public guy he's a volunteer firefighter here in town I just don't understand what the problem is with chickens and why they've taken it to where they've taken it to so fast forward again just the other day now two and a half years now I've lived here wife is calling me a chicken f***** their daughter has got chickens at her house. The handy's they're like 50 years old and act like this I'll go outside to leave and they are cussing me out so I'm like the talk of the town. Get over it already people it's because of chickens I knew they were small town talk but I didn't know it was this bad in a small town absolutely think it's funny people can act like this over chickens. Does anyone out there have problems like this with there neighbors?

And this is why I live where I live. Rural road where most or their families have lived here longer than us, and we have been here for 59 years. Low class is just 'low class' - sorry you have to deal with this. I'd be looking for a new home. Life is too short to constantly deal with anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom