Turkey is sneezing and poop looks odd

Julia07

Hatching
Jul 27, 2018
Hi there! New Turkey owner here!
We have 2 BBB Turkey Toms and one of them is sneezing off and on while the other is just fine. My biggest concern is how weird and inconsistent their poops are.. Sometimes the poop is a mustard color and kind of foamy. Other times its harder with a white cap, other times its super dark and looks like a small puddle of mud. This morning there was a hard poop that looked like it may have had traces of blood/intestinal lining. It has been excessively hot since we put them outside. Dehydration? Cocci? Respiratory Infection? Not sure what to do or how to go about this... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since it's hot outside provide more water, but I would suggest a vist to an avian vet. I have never owned turkeys but that is what I would do.

Since it's hot outside provide more water, but I would suggest a vist to an avian vet. I have never owned turkeys but that is what I would do.
Thanks for the reply! They have a 2 gallon autowaterer that's filled daily, and we don't have a avian vet in town.

Back
Top Bottom