Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Midnight Majesty Maran Females

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Black Jersey Giant Females

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Starlight Green Egger Females

Votes: 37 38.5%

• Total voters
Okay, I get the first part - I also would rather stay home and be a farmer. But good farmers don't make impulse animal purchases. They make sure they have enough space, money, etc., before considering getting new animals. I hope you do.
I have a lot of empty coop space - including 1 1/2 coops empty...

My local Tractor Supply got there chicks in today! 😍😍😍
These are the options! What ones would you go for????
If you would like to provide some information on these breeds, have pictures, or a comment.... please by all means tell.
I seen that they are coming available tomorrow (Friday)!!! They will be letting them rest for the rest of today, so I will probably be getting them tomorrow afternoon.
This is why I asked hubby to pick up the chicken feed while out running errands today...
Won't. Be. Tempted. 😬
🤣

I have came to the conclusion that I'm a farmer.... let's face it.... I can tell myself I'm going to stop adding to my flock but.... Can't walk through Tractor Supply without stopping to see the chicks.... can't stop to see the chicks without getting some.... can't get some without at least getting 8..... It's a domino affect. There's no holding back, the cuteness is too much!
I also lost 2 chickens Monday... two of my favorites too. It has me down and baby chicks are the best medicine when it comes to that.
I’m so sorry to hear you lost them. 😞 Chicks really are the best medicine. Can’t wait to see photos!! Around this time last year, I went in for bunny food and left with bunny food… AND Buff Orpington and Black Australorp pullets. I can’t be held responsible for my actions, can I?

Last I checked, some WA TS stores carry Cobb 500 CX from Jenks hatchery from OR… the best, most lively strain with the fewest problems. I sometimes add a few chicks of other types in with the CX if I only want to add one or two egg layers, the cx keep them warm. Once the cx become big, I separate out the egg layer pullets and being acclimating them with the other girls.

Back
Top Bottom