The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Got the MeeF incubator delivered today. It seems well built, fits together good. Daughter is picking up my hatching eggs for me after work today.

Just out in my old-timey thermometer, but it's holding it's temp according to the display. Although that means nothing as I've had a 'bator cook my eggs in lockdown whilst still displaying a good temp.

View attachment 3765003

I'll report on how it does with the eggs.

I also ordered a Maticoopx. Because of all of you raving about it!!!!
Can't wait to see you guys test them out!

Got the MeeF incubator delivered today. It seems well built, fits together good. Daughter is picking up my hatching eggs for me after work today.

Just out in my old-timey thermometer, but it's holding it's temp according to the display. Although that means nothing as I've had a 'bator cook my eggs in lockdown whilst still displaying a good temp.

View attachment 3765003

I'll report on how it does with the eggs.

I also ordered a Maticoopx. Because of all of you raving about it!!!!
How many chicken eggs does it hold?
I think that's the one I looked at that showed chicken eggs around the outside and quail eggs on the inside.

How many chicken eggs does it hold?
I think that's the one I looked at that showed chicken eggs around the outside and quail eggs on the inside.
Yeah, the picture is a bit deceiving. The inner ring slots are the same size as the outer. It's supposed to hold 30.

I've been running it for a few hours now, and the temperature seems to be bang on and steady. It's also super quiet, never noticed it turning. Then again, there are no eggs in there yet!

I'll take another picture once the eggs are in.

I’ve only seen one person not like the NR360. She even started a thread about it. I’m pretty sure she was trolling.
Same and I think I saw that thread.
Can't remember now but one I saw seemed like they kept adjusting the thermostat.
That's usually not good to do.

Okay, so far the MeeF is 'acceptable'. It keeps it's temperature well, although I really need to get a proper hygrometer to check the humidity. As soon as my daughter has stopped destroying my car (she 'borrowed' mine for work since hers broke down. And hit a deer last night!) I'll go get one.

It's only getting 'acceptable' right now because they eggs have to be *perfect* for the turner to work. If they're too big, or too round, they don't turn. I placed some paper towels under the tray and it helped with most of them, but still a few that refuse to roll. I'll be getting some shelf liner as soon as my car is returned to me. :p

So for the time being, I'm hand turning.

Oh, and it doesn't have much for ventilation, just the hole where you can top up the water tray. I may drill a few more holes into the lid later.

At this point, would I get another? Yes.

Also, Moony, it does fit 30 chicken eggs in the one tray.

Okay, so far the MeeF is 'acceptable'. It keeps it's temperature well, although I really need to get a proper hygrometer to check the humidity. As soon as my daughter has stopped destroying my car (she 'borrowed' mine for work since hers broke down. And hit a deer last night!) I'll go get one.

It's only getting 'acceptable' right now because they eggs have to be *perfect* for the turner to work. If they're too big, or too round, they don't turn. I placed some paper towels under the tray and it helped with most of them, but still a few that refuse to roll. I'll be getting some shelf liner as soon as my car is returned to me. :p

So for the time being, I'm hand turning.

Oh, and it doesn't have much for ventilation, just the hole where you can top up the water tray. I may drill a few more holes into the lid later.

At this point, would I get another? Yes.

Also, Moony, it does fit 30 chicken eggs in the one tray.
Ya idk if I'll get another around and around style one.
Lol, did you see me say that with a straight face. Ya who am I kidding. I would if I see one dirt cheap. Maybe I should go low ball some make offer ads on ebay.
Seriously though I have the NR360, the Brinsea Maxi and the Mechachick so I'm pretty covered with that style.
The Brinsea has oval shaped cut outs in the turner plate. Also you need replaceable cardboard pieces that go under it. It's horrible at turning the eggs. Every time it turns there ends up being a egg or few that get wonky.
I've got a couple other incubators on my radar.
Cooler, windy, drizzling day here. Would be a good day to curl up, keep warm and power shop.
Oh and the 30 eggs is definitely a plus. When I thought the inside row wouldn't fit chicken eggs that was the biggest negative for me.

Back
Top Bottom