The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Mine's also set at 99.5. And I've learned I can't trust any thermometer.
Shouldn't hurt to bump it down to 99 and see what it does.
Even with the early hatch my chicks have thrived so I just left well enough alone.

When I left this morning I had 5 unhatched eggs in there. I didn't really check them but could see 2 were zipping.

Mine's also set at 99.5. And I've learned I can't trust any thermometer.
Shouldn't hurt to bump it down to 99 and see what it does.
Even with the early hatch my chicks have thrived so I just left well enough alone.

When I left this morning I had 5 unhatched eggs in there. I didn't really check them but could see 2 were zipping.
That's fair! My last batch has thrived and did really well despite hatching early....

I may just let it go as well if I don't run into issues...

All 28 of the maticoopx eggs hatched. :celebrate
26/30 for me...
4 DIS
2 with extra fluid
2 looked positioned wrong...none of these ever pipped...

86% I believe...not too shabby I suppose...

🥇for you @The Moonshiner 😉

I am pretty pleased all around....

(I am technically counting my chickens before they hatch ad there are still 5 working their way out of the shell...but chirping and happy as can be...so I assume they will be out by morning )

26 chicks out of an incubator that holds 30 eggs sounds pretty good to me. Heck I'm happy if I get 70% hatches.
Are you gonna set any more this year? I was thinking about doing an experiment hatch with something homemade. If I do I should probably run the maticoopx simultaneously. Don't want to end up with just a couple chicks from a small homemade one, you know?

26 chicks out of an incubator that holds 30 eggs sounds pretty good to me. Heck I'm happy if I get 70% hatches.
Are you gonna set any more this year? I was thinking about doing an experiment hatch with something homemade. If I do I should probably run the maticoopx simultaneously. Don't want to end up with just a couple chicks from a small homemade one, you know?
I am definitely happy with the hatch!
It's the first one from my Galaxy coop...and to have all 30 develope was a nice surprise!!! Perseus is doing his job well!!

I am not hatching anymore this yr. This batch will get a makeshift coop inside a secure run till harvest time...(these are for the freezer, well most anyways... probably gonna keep a few...)

But basically I am out of room and my hands are pretty darn full on the daily with life and other animals 🤣🤣🤣

Homemade incubators are what I want to research over winter...
Do you think one can be made that doesn't run on electricity?? Surely its been done rigged up with a battery of sorts?? (Clearly I've not begun the research) I want one that is not dependent on electricity. I know hens go broody but I do not want to rely on that.

And of course you need to run the 2 incubators together...the more the merrier 🤣🤣🤣

Amazon has the NR360 for $142.49 black friday sale
Saw that earlier..
I considered it ...ya know as a back up...🤔
But then I realized once it came I'd have to test it 🤷‍♀️...and well since it would more then likely work...id then have to find space for more birds....and it'd be this big thing between my husband and i 🤣🤣🤣

ESPECIALLY since I am clearing one coop out 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom