The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
It looked more like this
View attachment 3607004
I have the Incuview and really like it- being able to see without taking lid off is +++, I cover it with a blanket if my external thermometer says it's not holding temp.
I also have Rite Farms incubator that holds 24(I think) It's okay too - I use it when I need to separate groups out for hatching.

The UFO bator should be ready to go but the second one I was gonna set has technical difficulties. Found a slice in the cord so I'll need to put a new cord on it before using it.
So.... I think I'll go ahead and set the UFO bator and also load up a hovabator just to get a hatch percentage from one of them.
I'll be using a picture window 1583 model with an egg turner. It's got a wafer thermostat and is circulated air.
images.jpeg

Lockdown for the maticoopx and janoel today.
I had a really high amount of clears. Idk if it was because of the high temps back when I was collecting or just bad luck.
But anyways 18 made it to lockdown in the maticoopx and 5 in the janoel.
I've been using the govees in both and the third govee is in the hovabator.
I was pretty impressed with the hovabator. It's just been really steady with the high and low fluctuating .6° or .8°.
The maticoopx was doing even better only ranging .4° to .6°. It does move some when I drastically change the humidity.
The janoel although holding a good overall average goes all over the place. Sometimes it will hold steady for a hour or so at about as low a temp as I'd want then it will jump up and hold steady on the high end.
It looks pretty rough but when it averages all out its about where I want it or .5° higher.

Lockdown for the maticoopx and janoel today.
I had a really high amount of clears. Idk if it was because of the high temps back when I was collecting or just bad luck.
But anyways 18 made it to lockdown in the maticoopx and 5 in the janoel.
I've been using the govees in both and the third govee is in the hovabator.
I was pretty impressed with the hovabator. It's just been really steady with the high and low fluctuating .6° or .8°.
The maticoopx was doing even better only ranging .4° to .6°. It does move some when I drastically change the humidity.
The janoel although holding a good overall average goes all over the place. Sometimes it will hold steady for a hour or so at about as low a temp as I'd want then it will jump up and hold steady on the high end.
It looks pretty rough but when it averages all out its about where I want it or .5° higher.
Any updates?

Today is official hatch day and I've got chicks.
I think there's 10 hatched in the maticoopx and 3 in the janoel.
The janoel is crap. I'm suprised any hatched honestly. The temps have been anything but steady throughout but after upping the humidity for lockdown they've been horrible.
Although it fluctuates a bit I thought I had it so it averaged decently and didn't get too high. Once I went into lockdown and upped the humidity it's been awful.
The first bigger dip was when I quickly opened it to pull out the turner and add water etc for lockdown. You can see what's happened since then.
The big dip was for no reason. It hasn't been opened since friday.
Just not very excited with this incubator.
Screenshot_20230918-162037_Govee Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230918-162157_Govee Home.jpg

Well I'm gonna have to shelve the incubator I wanted to test next for a while. It's another oldie but goodie.
A Brower from I'm guessing late 60s or early 70s.
Screenshot_20230921-211225_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230921-212948_Chrome.jpg

I knew it had issues but wasn't sure what all they were. Cord needed replaced but that wasn't a big deal. Then it was gonna be the wafer or thermostat or heating element. I have an extra wafer and thermostat so guess what the issue was?
Ya, the heating element. I'm not sure where to find one. It's 100 watts so if I can't find one like the original I'll have to find a plan B.

Well I'm gonna have to shelve the incubator I wanted to test next for a while. It's another oldie but goodie.
A Brower from I'm guessing late 60s or early 70s.
View attachment 3641812View attachment 3641813

I knew it had issues but wasn't sure what all they were. Cord needed replaced but that wasn't a big deal. Then it was gonna be the wafer or thermostat or heating element. I have an extra wafer and thermostat so guess what the issue was?
Ya, the heating element. I'm not sure where to find one. It's 100 watts so if I can't find one like the original I'll have to find a plan B.
It’s really cool to see the history of what incubators used to look like. Btw how are the ufo eggs developing?

Back
Top Bottom