The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Oh I know I'm just looking for an excuse for planning another hatch.
default_doh.gif

The Brinsea Maxi is a trainwreck for hatching in.
Got home to 11 out of 18 hatched so far.
I had to add water to both ports at lockdown to get to a decent level and now it's skyrocketed. Can't read the gauge inside because the bottom half is covered inside with droplets.
Between the 11 chicks, 11 empty shells and the 7 eggs yet to hatch it was beyond standing room only. It was stacked room only. So crowded they could hardly move.
I'm beginning to now understand why so many are pulling chicks in the middle of hatches. I did the same because there wasn't much choice but to.
There's about 6 hatched in the NR360 so far. Tomorrow is scheduled hatch day.

Oh I know I'm just looking for an excuse for planning another hatch.
I am curious how this goes without that initial turning...
I did that on shipped eggs...and it was a crap show....(of course other things played into it....🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️)

I am fighting the urge to buy French Copper Maran eggs...but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to avoid it...

What usually happens is....I have a bad day at work...and then i get a notification that my purchase from ebay will be sent a few days later 🤷‍♀️🤣🤷‍♀️🤣🤷‍♀️

(A whole different kind of retail therapy 🤣🤣🤣)

Someone at work is gonna give me 30 eggs to hatch....(he doesn't want the chicks so I get to keep those too 🤣🤣🤣)

I don't have 2 incubators...but this sounds like a good solid reason to purchase another 🤔🤔🤔

Retail therapy huh?
Bad day at work = order a new incubator. This sounds like a fabulous idea. Would it be too extreme to quit my job I like and go find a crappy one?

Buy the second incubator. I buy them for a lot less solid reasons and it's always been fine. In fact I just found out it's like therapy.

Anyone looking into getting Govees?
Decided to get the Bluetooth 3 pack just to use to test the accuracy of the different incubators and use for lockdown in the ones that doesn't display humidity.
Anyways they have these ....
61ZSDxHARlL.jpg

On Amazon for $29.99 or something like that. That's a lot cheaper then they used to be.
Under the price it had something that mentioned a coupon for 35% off.
Idk if everyone has the same coupon or if it was just me since I'm kind of a big deal.
But ya it worked so total price with the free shipping option was like $20 and some change. Idk I think that's a hella deal if anyone was thinking about getting some.

Ok different incubator but who's hatching owl eggs? 🤔

View attachment 3623935
I never hatched any owl eggs but I have raised a few owls....Barn Owls and Great Horned....made nest in deer stand....pretty exciting opening the door to a bunch of screeching, flapping around chicks....in the dark and 25 feet above the ground! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom