The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
I appreciate a photo of the command hooks as I’ve been wondering how that helps. The photos leave me more confused! Are the hooks to help lift the lid or to help line it back up during placement?

I have a strip of patterned washi tape, cut horizontally at the seam of lid and base, instead of permanent marker.
It's to help get a better grip on the lid

NR 360 hatching is underway.
My humidity climbed to upper 90s so I drained the A port and it dropped to 92%.
I didn't notice any water droplets forming or anything so I used my own gauge and it read around 70%. Nice job being off by more then 20% NR.
Idk how many have hatched so far because it's way crowded looking in there now with unhatched eggs, empty shells and the chicks.
Gonna go ahead and pull hatched chicks that are dry and empty shells soon.
Gonna rig up something first so no eggs get knocked out with the kaos that will surely occur when I open it. Definitely seeing the advantage the spacer ring would provide. Too bad they're so d@mn pricey.

Saw an ad for this today.
A blast from Moony's past. This was what my first real incubator looked like. It's an old old school hovabator.
Yes they were round until the egg turner was invented.
Screenshot_20230713-180233_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230713-180223_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230713-180215_Chrome.jpg

Got the Maticoopx up and running. On day two now.
61Jb3h-HXbL.jpg

I really like this incubator. I didn't know anyone that had one but it had great reviews and I liked the looks and features.
Said it held 30 standard eggs so that's a bonus but now that it's loaded it's my first dislike. I'm not a fan of these trays. Even with large leghorn eggs there's too much extra room. It would fit 6 1/2 eggs per tray so ya there's some extra space that let's the eggs go all over. My quick fix was to put a wad of paper towel at one end. They're also a little wide for my eggs so when it turns a few get wonky.
I'll let them ride this go around and come up with a solid solution next go around.
The other small issue is the digital display. It is a bit fancier then the NR 360 since it shows what day they're on without pushing a button but the display is just normal not light up so you can't read it in low or no light.
I haven't checked the accuracy of the humidity gauge but the temp is right on and it's been dead on every time I've checked.

Got the Maticoopx up and running. On day two now.
View attachment 3589148
I really like this incubator. I didn't know anyone that had one but it had great reviews and I liked the looks and features.
Said it held 30 standard eggs so that's a bonus but now that it's loaded it's my first dislike. I'm not a fan of these trays. Even with large leghorn eggs there's too much extra room. It would fit 6 1/2 eggs per tray so ya there's some extra space that let's the eggs go all over. My quick fix was to put a wad of paper towel at one end. They're also a little wide for my eggs so when it turns a few get wonky.
I'll let them ride this go around and come up with a solid solution next go around.
The other small issue is the digital display. It is a bit fancier then the NR 360 since it shows what day they're on without pushing a button but the display is just normal not light up so you can't read it in low or no light.
I haven't checked the accuracy of the humidity gauge but the temp is right on and it's been dead on every time I've checked.
I incubated in foam egg cartons last time...and hand turned....

I am on day 6 in mine with shipped eggs...
I am using the trays...but I totally get what you're talking abt them being a loose fit...

I just removed all duds...(loaded with 30 and am down to 21) now I have one empty tray and a tray holding just 3. I stuffed a piece of foam egg carton in the one with 3....but haven't really checked to see exactly how well it's working...

In fact gonna go check...

I've seen eggs laid down in the trays vs standing up...but since mine were shipped I am trying to keep them upright...

But yes I can agree with you the trays are an issue...

When I hatch in it again ill go back to the egg carton cups with holes in the bottom...

That did NOT work....
2 of those eggs are maran eggs and I can't see in them....BUT it appears the side tumble didn't affect the one I can see into...the embryo was swimming all around...🤞🤞🤞

....I am thinking the paper towels may work better...

I left them lay for now...bc if the next thing I try doesn't work and they fall over again....😫😫

I am thinking leave well enough alone...🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• 20230725_200354.jpg
    20230725_200354.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 8
I incubated in foam egg cartons last time...and hand turned....
ugh-woman-shameful-reaction-1hprunzmy4nnpfdv.gif

Hand turning.
So ah ya, just bought an incubator yesterday or the day before. Lol, I can't even keep track anymore.
It's gonna be interesting to try out but ya I'm gonna have to hand turn the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom