The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Lockdown for the NR360 today.
Candled and had 3 clears and 1 quitter. I didn't sit around waiting for movement or anything so could be some late quitters, idk. I see how it goes.
Up till now it has been zero effort. Temp stayed consistent and humidity was good without ever adding water. After taking the turner out I agree taking the top off wasn't bad but it sure could of been easier with something to hang on to. Putting it back on was a bit of a pain to line it up and get it on all the way around. Hovabators have spoiled me.
My biggest concern is gonna be humidity now. Filled both ports and it's at 62%. Hoping I don't have to refill constantly and hope I don't have to make a panic solution to get it higher and keep it there.
I took a black Sharpie and drew a line at the front of the incubator from the top of the incubator to the bottom across the joint between the top and bottom. Maybe a 1" line. That made lining up the top and bottom easy because it always went back together the same way, I just have to match the line of the Sharpie back together to mate the lid and base. I thought of putting command hooks on it upside down, but didn't feel like I needed to, so I haven't yet.

Each time I put the lid back on, I run my fingers around the entire joint to make sure it's fully seated. Easy and quick to tell by touch, and easy to fix if it's not right without even looking at it.

Good luck!

I added some command hooks to the front of mine and it is so much easier to lift and put back.
Ya that's what @MGG did also. Someone show me pics so I can figure out the best placement for them.
I took a black Sharpie and drew a line at the front of the incubator from the top of the incubator to the bottom across the joint between the top and bottom. Maybe a 1" line. That made lining up the top and bottom easy because it always went back together the same way, I just have to match the line of the Sharpie back together to mate the lid and base. I thought of putting command hooks on it upside down, but didn't feel like I needed to, so I haven't yet.

Each time I put the lid back on, I run my fingers around the entire joint to make sure it's fully seated. Easy and quick to tell by touch, and easy to fix if it's not right without even looking at it.

Good luck!
I saw a post about the sharpie trick somewhere. At first I tried to put the back on first but that didn't work so well so I aligned the front just eyeballing it then did the same running my fingers around. The back wasn't seated and I had to push the dome forward a tad then it fell right into place and I double checked running my fingers back to the front.
All that also wobbled the eggs and 2 rolled to the edge but not over it so ya also see what people meant that mentioned that.

My humidity is now at 71%.

All that also wobbled the eggs and 2 rolled to the edge but not over it so ya also see what people meant that mentioned that.
Are you using shelf liner? That can reduce wobbling and keep eggs in place a bit better during hatch. I put mine in when I remove the turner on Day 18, but it can be used throughout incubation to help the eggs turn better. Fits right under the auto-turner.

Attachments

• IMG_4644.jpg
    IMG_4644.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 12
I chose the clear ones so it wouldn't even reduce visibility at all.
It's been over three years now and they're still holding up great. I put them low enough that I can hook my lower fingers under the lip of the lid as soon as I lift it off with the hooks.
Just snapped these two
IMG_20230710_100314258.jpg
IMG_20230710_100326027.jpg

And when I first put one on three years ago
20200526_222147~2.jpg

Are you using shelf liner? That can reduce wobbling and keep eggs in place a bit better during hatch. I put mine in when I remove the turner on Day 18, but it can be used throughout incubation to help the eggs turn better. Fits right under the auto-turner.
Yeah I use shelf liner all the time in mine. Since there isn't much lip I don't want to chance knocking an egg out and the liner helps them stay put. It makes the egg turner roll the eggs gentler too.

Back
Top Bottom