The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

You don't want it. It's a piece of crap for the reasons MGG mentioned.
An expensive piece of crap, I might add.
I don't get why everyone is always so into the Brinseas. There's a lot better incubators out there for half the price. Mine are the maxi 2 and the mini advance. They are ok but I just don't like them. I don't like them anywhere near as much as the NR 360.

I have the maticoopx 30. I've used it once. Can't give a good review on it currently bc it was my first hatch too...but it did hold temp and humidity well, turners work well.

May be one for you to check out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230419_094332_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230419_094332_Chrome.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 20
Well, you know I love mine. It's the only one I've used (besides the chinabator I lost all my eggs in). If you have a hard time keeping humidity up, you can fill both wells slightly and cap one. I tend to need to do that after the first qeek
Ok…your chinabator experience has me worried 😟. I’m a first timer here and bought a cheapo. I’m on day 18 and there was life in all 9 this morning when I candled one last time. What happened with yours??

I have the maticoopx 30. I've used it once. Can't give a good review on it currently bc it was my first hatch too...but it did hold temp and humidity well, turners work well.

May be one for you to check out.
🤫 I may or may not have already gotten one.
20230619_112814.jpg

Ok…your chinabator experience has me worried 😟. I’m a first timer here and bought a cheapo. I’m on day 18 and there was life in all 9 this morning when I candled one last time. What happened with yours??
Ya, which one was it @JacinLarkwell

My first was a cheapo and I lost all my eggs bc it WOULD NOT hold humidity or temp at all. I had to crack open and close the lid repeatedly to get keep the humidity right, and then the temp would drop...it was INSANE!!! not an easy peasy experience at all...AND THEN... from cracking it up and down, my lid stopped fitting on snuggly....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230419_094353_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230419_094353_Chrome.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 20
I don't get why everyone is always so into the Brinseas. There's a lot better incubators out there for half the price. Mine are the maxi 2 and the mini advance. They are ok but I just don't like them. I don't like them anywhere near as much as the NR 360.
In our case, my husband bought it for me. He was looking at the amount it could hold and it had decent reviews from wherever he got it. He was trying to find me a high quality incubator. I was extremely disappointed with its finickiness and expected more of it for that price point.

🤫 I may or may not have already gotten one.
View attachment 3554048
Great minds?!?! 🤣🤣🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Interested to see how your hatch goes in it...
As I said mine was my first one, shipped eggs, learned through the hatching that they weren't great stock...(cross beak like crazy on the 3 that didn't make it..plus one stopped developing prior to the brain being enclosed and was completely missing its top beak.

Basically 16 went in, 8 made lock down, 5 hatched, I have 3 nuggets now that'll be harvested.

Great minds?!?! 🤣🤣🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Interested to see how your hatch goes in it...
As I said mine was my first one, shipped eggs, learned through the hatching that they weren't great stock...(cross beak like crazy on the 3 that didn't make it..plus one stopped developing prior to the brain being enclosed and was completely missing its top beak.

Basically 16 went in, 8 made lock down, 5 hatched, I have 3 nuggets now that'll be harvested.
Ya it's one I've actually been seeking out for a while. I don't think it's a very well known one but I was instantly interested. Just took some time to locate one on the cheap. I assume it's also not a popular brand yet so not a lot of them out there.
I'm excited to see how it does. I did read someone had an issue with how the turner worked and it binding up. I'll be watching for that.

Back
Top Bottom