Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Wool is not just a great insulater, but as natural fibers, along with cotton, is so much healthier for us to wear or sleep on and under. The synthetic fabrics that most of our clothing is made from is actually so unhealthy to be wrapping our bodies in. Polyester, for example contains many carcinogenic & toxic chemicals and has been linked to cancer, lowered testosterone levels in men, allergies, immune health issues, inflammataion and respiratory issues. It's a good idea to start replacing as much of these plastic fabrics with natural fiber clothing as we can.

Tax: Bella came to help unload the last bag of feed.
IMG_20240406_131807411.jpg

Wool is not just a great insulater, but as natural fibers, along with cotton, is so much healthier for us to wear or sleep on and under. The synthetic fabrics that most of our clothing is made from is actually so unhealthy to be wrapping our bodies in. Polyester, for example contains many carcinogenic & toxic chemicals and has been linked to cancer, lowered testosterone levels in men, allergies, immune health issues, inflammataion and respiratory issues. It's a good idea to start replacing as much of these plastic fabrics with natural fiber clothing as we can.

View attachment 3805636
I have these shirts I liked from a big box membership store. This year they changed the fabric to polyester. I'm still ticked off about that, as these are some of the most comfortable shirts I've had.

View attachment 3805636
:lau Bella knows where her dinner comes from!

Let the chickens out this morning, and after taking care of food and water, I went inside to get a coffee & take care of a few things. 15 minutes later I came out to hear Pedro's serious warning call & found them all inside the pen & under the covered section. I scanned the horizon and sure enough, this guy was watching diligently. When he saw I was watching, he went into stealth mode and dropped into the trees, hidden. Good job Pedro!

Attachments

• IMG_20240419_072025177.jpg
    IMG_20240419_072025177.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 3
I had to wear a woollen shirt in winter as a kid. Probably not merino.
It was so itchy that I hated to wear it. Other woollen clothes itched too. I begged my mother not to have to wear wool. She wouldn’t listen at first and I developed a allergy. All wool I have ever tried feels itchy and gives me a rash after a while (except cashmere).

Since I buy my own clothes I alway feel the fabrics with my cheek before I buy and/or check the labels. Once I forgot and I couldn’t return the item because I bought it in a sale. I really couldn’t wear it and gave away this beautiful new cardigan to charity.

On my bed is a geese/duck down to keep me warm.

Geese tax
View attachment 3805595
I'm allergic to wool, too. I can wear cashmere, but it's expensive. A cheaper alternative is alpaca, and it doesn't itch!

Tax:
IMG_20240419_110424925~2.jpg

Let the chickens out this morning, and after taking care of food and water, I went inside to get a coffee & take care of a few things. 15 minutes later I came out to hear Pedro's serious warning call & found them all inside the pen & under the covered section. I scanned the horizon and sure enough, this guy was watching diligently. When he saw I was watching, he went into stealth mode and dropped into the trees, hidden. Good job Pedro!
Hooray Pedro! I hope that eagle gives up soon!

Oooh - big!

Back
Top Bottom