Preheating incubator

Ray987

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2024
Hello!
Newbie question: do I need to preheat my incubator before placing the eggs in it or it's ok to place the eggs then run the incubator cold till it heats up (usually it takes 20-30 minutes to reach the required temperature) forced air incubator (with fans)

Another question: are eggs transported 1-2km via car considered shipped eggs?

Your incubator should run at least 24 hours before you put the eggs in to ensure that everything is stable. Do you have separate calibrated thermometer/ hygrometers in the incubator?

I would not consider those eggs to be shipped.

Let the incubator run for 24 - 48 hours before putting thr eggs in.
Id also have a thermometer/hydrometer in there to make sure the temp and humidity is right.

I dont consider those shipped eggs.

Let the incubator run for 24 - 48 hours before putting thr eggs in.
Id also have a thermometer/hydrometer in there to make sure the temp and humidity is right.

I dont consider those shipped eggs.
I tested the incubator yesterday it's working fine and all turned it off last night and this morning I put the eggs and about to turn it on

imo if you use it alot and know its settings and its setup well, no, no you dont .. otherwise, yeah you need to preheat it and make sure everythings kosher
Yep I know the settings and all, that make sense thanks!

I know my settings. But start about 12 hr ahead to get to correct temp and check humidity before placing fertile eggs.

Back
Top Bottom