Pipd's Peeps!

I cut Red Apple Disaster today. It cut fine, if a bit tackier than I'd prefer. I probably should have let it sit a few more days, but it seemed like it was firm enough. :idunno Oh, well! It still smells amazing!

You can see the little white specks in it that I was talking about in these pictures. From some reading, I've found that that's most likely from the lye cooling too much before I poured it. I did think it may have been too warm, but the whole event was one thing after another and I honestly don't remember, I wasn't paying enough attention to details like that. Anyway, it's harmless, just a visual thing, and the soap passes the 'zap test' so the lye level is fine in it, which means it should be just fine to use once cured. 😊

1642098521153.png

You can see some swirls in the bottom, here, because I wasn't able to stir the pigment in all the way thanks to the fragrance accelerating it. I meant to go a bit lighter with the pigment overall, but when it started to accelerate I panicked and just dumped the pigment in. 🤣

1642098907140.png

Also because I can't help myself, here is Casper being ridiculous again 🤣

1642099606526.png

Haha, it does! 🤣 I did feel like that color leaned a bit too far into brown for my liking, though that's probably because I decided to go with the "nature equivalent" pigments instead of synthetic micas to color my soaps so most of the colors are less bright. Just don't try to taste the fudge 😬

I cut Red Apple Disaster today. It cut fine, if a bit tackier than I'd prefer. I probably should have let it sit a few more days, but it seemed like it was firm enough. :idunno Oh, well! It still smells amazing!

You can see the little white specks in it that I was talking about in these pictures. From some reading, I've found that that's most likely from the lye cooling too much before I poured it. I did think it may have been too warm, but the whole event was one thing after another and I honestly don't remember, I wasn't paying enough attention to details like that. Anyway, it's harmless, just a visual thing, and the soap passes the 'zap test' so the lye level is fine in it, which means it should be just fine to use once cured. 😊

View attachment 2959365

You can see some swirls in the bottom, here, because I wasn't able to stir the pigment in all the way thanks to the fragrance accelerating it. I meant to go a bit lighter with the pigment overall, but when it started to accelerate I panicked and just dumped the pigment in. 🤣

View attachment 2959372

Also because I can't help myself, here is Casper being ridiculous again 🤣

View attachment 2959389
DA KITTY:th

Isn't he just ridiculous? 😍 This was him a couple hours after I posted that picture yesterday, having moved to the other couch where the sun shines through the window for a bit:

1642162862453.png

His first birthday (estimated by his vet) is tomorrow, so I'm going to have to do something special for him. 😊 :love

Last edited:
Ahaha, yeah, that's not the kind of fudge you want to take a bite out of. 🤣 Now y'all have me thinking about making some fudge, though! It's been a long time since I've had any and that does sound good. 😋

Ahaha, yeah, that's not the kind of fudge you want to take a bite out of. 🤣 Now y'all have me thinking about making some fudge, though! It's been a long time since I've had any and that does sound good. 😋
'darling... why does this fudge taste like soap?' LOL! Make sure not to mix the two up!

Happy first (estimated) birthday to Casper, my baby boy 😭 :love

1642247883528.png

That yellow thing with the feathers is his favorite new toy he got for his birthday. Err, well, I gave it to him early so he's had it a few days now, but it works. :p He loves to drop it down the stairs, chase it all the way down, and then grab it and race back up to the top to do it all over again. 🤣 I have another treat planned for him later as well. Can't wait to see how he reacts! 😁

Back
Top Bottom