Pipd's Peeps!

Um...so how will you be able to tell them apart with those letters?

Oh, I don't have a 'W' anymore. I put 'M' for 'multicolor' on the egg that I had planned to mark 'W' for 'white' since I won't have a white band to put on that baby with the set of bands that @Leahs Mom recommended. :)

I can't help myself. :oops: So I just held a flashlight up to the eggs last night just to see. Eggs Y and B had very visible embryos at the top of the egg, while the others had that nice, orange-ish glow of life in them. On day 7 (which will be Thursday), I'll get a closer look at them out of the incubator while I'm marking air cell growth. :D For now, here's a mostly out of focus picture of baby B, since my phone just will not focus on candled eggs.

Day 3 Egg B 3-10-17 11.00pm-ish.jpg

pipd - still no reply from the manufacturer. I emailed them again today. Will keep you updated.

Foy's ships pretty quickly, but I don't want you to wait too late to get them in time. I do know for sure that the 6 fits the regular new hatch babies. I did find mine. Wish you lived closer. I could let you look at mine and maybe that would give you an idea.

If you'll be up toward Goshen anytime soon I could meet you out there somewhere...

Hopefully the mfgr will reply today.

I can't help myself. :oops: So I just held a flashlight up to the eggs last night just to see. Eggs Y and B had very visible embryos at the top of the egg, while the others had that nice, orange-ish glow of life in them. On day 7 (which will be Thursday), I'll get a closer look at them out of the incubator while I'm marking air cell growth. :D For now, here's a mostly out of focus picture of baby B, since my phone just will not focus on candled eggs.

View attachment 1698051
No blame here! Candling is fun and embryos can be seen very early on eggs like thes

So exciting!! Are you planning to set any eggs for the Easter hatch-a-long?

Yup! I'm going to hatch from three of my Easter-eggers, Endymion, Cressida, and Maggie, for the Easter HAL. Purely by coincidence. :p I just decided I needed more Easter-eggers for colorful eggs (since of my 6 EE hens, 5 are older than 3 years) sooner than I needed more Dorkings (since I'm up to 8 hens and the two boys, 3 years old or younger except Elly, who's 5) or Cochin bantams (9 girls and 3 boys here, and all are 3 or younger). Those babies will be half-Dorking, though, because I'm planning to breed the EE girls to Dante the Dorking fella. :D

pipd - still no reply from the manufacturer. I emailed them again today. Will keep you updated.

Foy's ships pretty quickly, but I don't want you to wait too late to get them in time. I do know for sure that the 6 fits the regular new hatch babies. I did find mine. Wish you lived closer. I could let you look at mine and maybe that would give you an idea.

If you'll be up toward Goshen anytime soon I could meet you out there somewhere...

Hopefully the mfgr will reply today.

Well, as long as there's a response in the next two week or so, we'll be covered. I'm somewhat expecting these babies to hatch a bit earlier than their March 28 due date just because of how tiny these eggs are, but that still gives us plenty of time. Worse comes to worse, they'll wear the rainbow loom bands until the 'good' bands arrive if they take too long shipping. :p Thanks for keeping me updated, though! I hardly ever go up to Goshen, unfortunately... I did use my dad's calipers to measure out each size onto a piece of paper, so I at least have a good idea of the diameter of each. Just picturing the Cochin bantams at hatch (and how small these eggs are compared to the Cochin bantam eggs), my gut says the 6mm will be just a hair too big for these little babies... But I'll trust what the manufacturer says over my gut, as it wouldn't be the first time it was wrong. :lol:

No blame here! Candling is fun and embryos can be seen very early on eggs like thes

:highfive: I was also a bit concerned that, because Winston is at the tail end of his molt, he may not have been breeding Sybie. I may or may not have been worrying over the possibility of a third attempted hatch ending in a whole set of unfertilized eggs. Looks like I had nothing to worry about there! :p

Day 7 candling is complete (day 6 for egg M, of course). My phone still refuses to take clear pictures of these babies through the shell, but we are 6 for 6 developing and all are happily dancing around in there!! :celebrate To my surprise, though there was a rather huge difference between the air cells in the oldest and youngest eggs, they all seem to have equalled out and look just about perfect for day 7. Babies are back in the incubator with water topped off, warming back up. :love :love

And with that excitement, I'm off to bed. Good night, everyone! :)

Day 7 candling is complete (day 6 for egg M, of course). My phone still refuses to take clear pictures of these babies through the shell, but we are 6 for 6 developing and all are happily dancing around in there!! :celebrate To my surprise, though there was a rather huge difference between the air cells in the oldest and youngest eggs, they all seem to have equalled out and look just about perfect for day 7. Babies are back in the incubator with water topped off, warming back up. :love :love

And with that excitement, I'm off to bed. Good night, everyone! :)
Nice candling report!

Back
Top Bottom