New To BYC!!

maryheckett

In the Brooder
May 16, 2024
Hi everyone! My husband I recently started our chicken journey! We are turning our north Texas property into a small homestead. I love gardening, singing, dogs, outdoors, fishing, kayaking and well now CHICKENS!!

I have 12 babies! 5 of them are 8 weeks old and 7 of them are about 5 weeks old. We have 2 leghorns (one gray, one white), 2 Wellbars, 2 Black Sex Linked girls, 2 buffs, 2 wyandottes (blue tint), 2 easter eggers. (Yes it's like the ladies Noah's ark up in here LOL) We built a hoop coop over our reclaimed chicken coop we got from a neighboring chicken friend! We are really enjoying our chickens so far but every day brings new questions on their care, needs and next steps! My husband owns 2 local businesses and I am an office manager at a doctors office. We have 2 rescue dogs both mutts! I heard of BYC from someone at Tractor Supply and then when I was researching about one my chicks who hurt her foot because she decided she was george of the jungle, I found you again! So here I am!!

Hi everyone! My husband I recently started our chicken journey! We are turning our north Texas property into a small homestead. I love gardening, singing, dogs, outdoors, fishing, kayaking and well now CHICKENS!!

I have 12 babies! 5 of them are 8 weeks old and 7 of them are about 5 weeks old. We have 2 leghorns (one gray, one white), 2 Wellbars, 2 Black Sex Linked girls, 2 buffs, 2 wyandottes (blue tint), 2 easter eggers. (Yes it's like the ladies Noah's ark up in here LOL) We built a hoop coop over our reclaimed chicken coop we got from a neighboring chicken friend! We are really enjoying our chickens so far but every day brings new questions on their care, needs and next steps! My husband owns 2 local businesses and I am an office manager at a doctors office. We have 2 rescue dogs both mutts! I heard of BYC from someone at Tractor Supply and then when I was researching about one my chicks who hurt her foot because she decided she was george of the jungle, I found you again! So here I am!!
Welcome here Mary . You guys are busy! You have a great mix of birds. There is a learning "articles" on this site. It's the icon 4th from left (looks like a dogeared page) that's a great place to learn from everyone's experience. Your flock will love you to sing to them! ( Stupid auto correct changed flock to Glock!!) Ha ha Welcome again ask anything you need help on.
p. s. We do love pictures :wee :ya

1000000539.png

Attachments

• IMG_1178.jpeg
    IMG_1178.jpeg
    627 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1