New member and new to raising chickens!

Not sure, i’m assuming around two weeks?? I bought her two days ago at the flea market.
And thank you!
At two weeks, she will still need heat regularly for another week or two. You can make a little cave using the heating pad. Put a cover on it that she cannot get inside. Make sure she can get under it and back out without being trapped. She needs chick feed and nothing else for a few weeks.
Just in case- Will you be able to keep a crowing rooster where you live?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

She needs more than a heating blanket, the temp needs to be about 82 to 83 degrees at her age in one corner of her brooder. Is she on chick starter?
Thank you! I’m planning on getting a heating source asap. When I bought her at the flea market, the guy who sold her to me gave me food for her so i’m not really sure what kind it is.

At two weeks, she will still need heat regularly for another week or two. You can make a little cave using the heating pad. Put a cover on it that she cannot get inside. Make sure she can get under it and back out without being trapped. She needs chick feed and nothing else for a few weeks.
Just in case- Will you be able to keep a crowing rooster where you live?
Okay tysm i’ll see what I can do!!

And yeah, i think i’d be able to. I have a lot of backyard and space for keeping future chickens etc in an outdoor space.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

The feed he most likely gave you is chick starter/grower. You can get that at farm stores. No treats though until she's about a month or so older. She'll go nuts over a little scrambled egg, but when adding anything other than starter to her diet, they need grit. May need to pick up some chick grit too as you'll need that sooner or later.

Until you get another friend(s) for her, try playing the TV or a radio in the room she's in. We've had an orphan twice in the past and that seemed to do the trick.

It sure is cute! Good luck!!

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

The feed he most likely gave you is chick starter/grower. You can get that at farm stores. No treats though until she's about a month or so older. She'll go nuts over a little scrambled egg, but when adding anything other than starter to her diet, they need grit. May need to pick up some chick grit too as you'll need that sooner or later.

Until you get another friend(s) for her, try playing the TV or a radio in the room she's in. We've had an orphan twice in the past and that seemed to do the trick.

It sure is cute! Good luck!!
Thank you for the info! Will keep this in mind!

I have been playing soft, easy-listening music for her and she definitely enjoys it and may end up napping to it. She doesn’t really like songs with lyrics as she’ll start chirping once she hears a voice. I love listening to music with her though, ehe. :ya

Thank you for the info! Will keep this in mind!

I have been playing soft, easy-listening music for her and she definitely enjoys it and may end up napping to it. She doesn’t really like songs with lyrics as she’ll start chirping once she hears a voice. I love listening to music with her though, ehe. :ya
Mine like to watch aquarium scenes (youtube) with classical music in the background.

Back
Top Bottom