Hi from Germany!

Hablo

In the Brooder
Nov 11, 2023
Germany
I wanna introduce myself with the template I found here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I moved to a big house with some other nice people living there last year in may. They own at the moment two sheep, three goats, thirteen chickens, three runner ducks and I own two guinea fowls since two weeks. So, since I moved here, I lived with chickens and generally with animals. I love it.

(3) What breeds do you have?
They are mixed up. We have some Marans and one hen which has some Araucana genes in her. She lays dark greenish eggs.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Actually the personality of the chickens which is quite interesting and funny sometimes. I also like to butcher my own meat as I'm a butcher's son, so my father can be a bit proud of me ;) But I'm working in the social sector, at the moment as pre-school teacher and next year I'll change to my actual profession as speech therapist.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love climbing, running, cycling, reading novels and gardening.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
As I already mentioned, my father is a butcher, so I'm quite used to butcher animals. In my new home here I learned how to butcher chickens and that gives me proudness that I produce my own meat. Who does these nowadays? Not many people.
In my family, we never had pets and actually I don't like animals that much IN the house.
I'm a passionated rock climber. My favorite type is trad climbing, especially cracks. I climb a lot in the Frankenjura where I moved to and I'm also open up crack climbs in the Oberpfalz in a basalt quarry. It's so much fun.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found it when I was searching about guineas in the English language to get more information. In German, I couldn't find that much information.

See you :)

1699787533918.png

Back
Top Bottom