Hello!

scyllarus

Songster
Oct 12, 2023
Florida, USA
Hello! I'm currently living in Florida and recently (about a month ago) got some quail for meat and eggs. I've been lurking and reading the quail forum and finally decided to make an account!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Well, as above, we got quail. My family has raised a few chickens when I was pretty young, but otherwise I'm new to this!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
18 quail!

(3) What breeds do you have?

Coturnix, a variety of colors.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I really just enjoy watching them go about their little quail lives. They're very silly birds.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Uh...Well, I work in healthcare, so I don't really have a lot of time for other things right now. I like to cook, bake, do fiber arts/crafts, sculpt, do digital arts...I just don't have time atm.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Well, I work in healthcare. I'm married with two dogs. My husband is a community organizer and it was his idea to get quail (poor guy has never had to cull an animal until now). We're planning on moving this coming year, so fingers crossed that things go smoothly.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've probably been lurking on here for a few weeks, ever since finding this forum when googling stuff about quail. I just figured it was time to finally join c:

Attachments

• 42ece439-692e-413d-b203-559567c92f0e.jpg
    42ece439-692e-413d-b203-559567c92f0e.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 36
  • c230653a-4e44-4013-b187-a57bd41812f9.jpg
    c230653a-4e44-4013-b187-a57bd41812f9.jpg
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 8
Hello! I'm currently living in Florida and recently (about a month ago) got some quail for meat and eggs. I've been lurking and reading the quail forum and finally decided to make an account!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Well, as above, we got quail. My family has raised a few chickens when I was pretty young, but otherwise I'm new to this!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
18 quail!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Coturnix, a variety of colors.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I really just enjoy watching them go about their little quail lives. They're very silly birds.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Uh...Well, I work in healthcare, so I don't really have a lot of time for other things right now. I like to cook, bake, do fiber arts/crafts, sculpt, do digital arts...I just don't have time atm.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Well, I work in healthcare. I'm married with two dogs. My husband is a community organizer and it was his idea to get quail (poor guy has never had to cull an animal until now). We're planning on moving this coming year, so fingers crossed that things go smoothly.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've probably been lurking on here for a few weeks, ever since finding this forum when googling stuff about quail. I just figured it was time to finally join c:
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom