Guinea Fowl Egg Size

aborland5280

Chirping
Mar 30, 2020
Hello All

I have a question about how big a guinea egg should be before they can be incubated. I bought my guineas as keets last October and they started laying about a month ago. They may have been laying for longer but I am not sure. I could never find their nests so I ended up catching them and penning them up. I expected the eggs to be the size of a chicken egg but they are more bantam egg size weighing anywhere from 35 - 40 grams each. I know with chickens if you incubate pullet eggs that can cause issues for the chicks and I don’t want to do that with my guineas. I just have never had laying guineas before so I don’t know if these eggs are small or if they are full size and safe to hatch. Thoughts?

Hello All

I have a question about how big a guinea egg should be before they can be incubated. I bought my guineas as keets last October and they started laying about a month ago. They may have been laying for longer but I am not sure. I could never find their nests so I ended up catching them and penning them up. I expected the eggs to be the size of a chicken egg but they are more bantam egg size weighing anywhere from 35 - 40 grams each. I know with chickens if you incubate pullet eggs that can cause issues for the chicks and I don’t want to do that with my guineas. I just have never had laying guineas before so I don’t know if these eggs are small or if they are full size and safe to hatch. Thoughts?
Guinea eggs are normally bantam sized eggs. I have never had any issues incubating pullet eggs. The chicks that hatch are smaller to start but don't take long to catch up.

Back
Top Bottom