Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Didn't know there was another vaccine coming out, maybe this one will be more effective than the three in use now.

Dec 31 - Novavax Inc (NVAX.O) will submit a request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to authorize its COVID-19 vaccine next month"
Data released in June from a late-stage U.S. trial showed the vaccine was more than 90% effective
"While other vaccines trick the body's cells into creating parts of the virus that can trigger the immune system, the Novavax vaccine takes a different approach. It contains the spike protein of the coronavirus itself, but formulated as a nanoparticle, which cannot cause disease."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/587830-novavax-files-covid-19-vaccine-data-with-fda
Sign me up, I'll get it if they'll let me!

Solicited local and systemic adverse events were predominantly mild to moderate and transient. These events occurred more frequently among NVX-CoV2373 recipients than among placebo recipients (any local adverse event, 58.0% and 21.1%, respectively, after dose 1 and 78.9% and 21.7% after dose 2; any systemic adverse event, 47.7% and 40.0%, respectively, after dose 1 and 69.5% and 35.9% after dose 2).

Figure 4.
nejmoa2116185_f4.jpeg
Solicited Local and Systemic Adverse Events (Safety Analysis Population).
After each dose, the most frequently reported solicited local adverse events were tenderness and injection-site pain. The median duration of these events was 2 days or less (Table S11). Severe (grade ≥3) local reactions were infrequent overall but were more common among NVX-CoV2373 recipients than among placebo recipients, particularly after dose 2 (1.1% of NVX-CoV2373 recipients and <1% of placebo recipients after dose 1 and 6.7% and <1%, respectively, after dose 2) (Figure 4 and Table S10).

The most common solicited systemic adverse events were headache, myalgia, fatigue, and malaise, which were detected more frequently among NVX-CoV2373 recipients and after the second injection and lasted for a median duration of 1 day or less (Table S13). Fever of any severity was rare (<1%) and was similarly distributed in the vaccine and placebo groups after each dose. Severe systemic reactions were more common among NVX-CoV2373 recipients, particularly after dose 2 (2.4% of NVX-CoV2373 recipients and 2.1% of placebo recipients after dose 1 and 12.1% and 2.1%, respectively, after dose 2) (Figure 4 and Table S12), but they were less frequent than has been reported for other Covid-19 vaccines.2

In this preliminary safety “snapshot,” unsolicited adverse events were slightly more frequent among NVX-CoV2373 recipients than among placebo recipients (16.3% and 14.8%, respectively), although the imbalance appeared to include duplicate reporting by investigators of reactogenicity that had also been derived from participant-reported outcomes. The frequencies of medically attended adverse events, serious adverse events, severe adverse events, adverse events of special interest related to Covid-19, and potential immune-mediated medical conditions were balanced between the two groups (Table S9). No episodes of anaphylaxis, no evidence of vaccine-associated enhanced Covid-19, and no events that triggered prespecified pause rules were observed. No episodes of the Guillain–Barré syndrome20 and no imbalance in myocarditis or pericarditis21 or in vaccine-induced immune thrombosis with thrombocytopenia22 were observed during the relatively short safety follow-up period reported here (Tables S14 through S16). All-cause mortality was balanced: nine deaths occurred among NVX-CoV2373 recipients (0.5%), and five occurred among placebo recipients (0.5%)
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2116185

As in who gets the bill? Who gets the bill when it's cancer?
The insurance company, unless one doesn't have insurance. There are some differences between cancer and Covid. For one, cancer isn't transmissible. For another, other than things like lung cancer from smoking, you really don't have any control over getting cancer. No vaccine, no masking, no physical distancing will give you any protection. You do have some ability to avoid getting Covid or at least ending up in the hospital or morgue.

Would be nice. But she's already said she won't.
I am sorry to hear that.

It is a fact people can get covid while being vaccinated. Thats what I mean. vaccinated and believe they cannot get it and have it and unknowingly carrying and spreading to other vaccinated and unvaccinated.
If a vaccinated person believes they can not get Covid, they are in need of education.

As far as I know, and I hope I am wrong but we the people are footing the bill for covid.
For SOME of it. Like the testing and the vaccines for example. Once you hit the hospital it goes into the normal "do you have insurance" path.

"While other vaccines trick the body's cells into creating parts of the virus that can trigger the immune system, the Novavax vaccine takes a different approach. It contains the spike protein of the coronavirus itself, but formulated as a nanoparticle, which cannot cause disease."
OK, I found that too but it makes no sense. Novavax's version isn't new, the omicron variant has a lot of modified spike proteins so it seems like their vaccine wouldn't be all that effective.

And WHICH "other vaccines"? I don't believe the mRNA vaccines "create part of the virus".

If you are at home alone like me you do not want to go into public to get a test for covid. I don't think not sharing this ( cold flu or covid) is okay. And even though sharing is caring we can make an exception this once. You know for your umm friend.

Back
Top Bottom