Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

You might want to retype this. I think you meant they really help me. Ive tried them all. Meditation, yoga all that. Ive had a theory for a long time that its not just anxiety...its my own body saying whats wrong. Finally bringing numbers into my doctor had her put me on meds and it seems it took a week but they are helping. If its just anxiety breathing would help. I think its compounding and up until now ive been misdiagnosed.
I have way out of control anxiety. I am on meds. I still can't socialize with people for very long. I get triggered to easy. Breathing or even remembering to breathe at that point is hopeless. If that is the only reason you think you might be misdiagnosed you might rethink it.

Maybe I'm incorrect but I thought if you had chicken pox you got shingles and you only got both once? Not sure because I havent had either. I got the chicken pox vax because my dad couldnt remember if I had it or my sister did.
After a person recovers from chickenpox, the virus stays dormant (inactive) in their body. The virus can reactivate later, causing shingles. Most people who develop shingles have only one episode during their lifetime. However, you can have shingles more than once.
1639631972146.png

https://www.cdc.gov › transmission

How Shingles Spreads | CDC

After a person recovers from chickenpox, the virus stays dormant (inactive) in their body. The virus can reactivate later, causing shingles. Most people who develop shingles have only one episode during their lifetime. However, you can have shingles more than once.
View attachment 2930643

And there is a vaccine for shingles.
"Shingles can be prevented"
"Shingles can be what?"
(Anyone else see the commercial?)

I have way out of control anxiety. I am on meds. I still can't socialize with people for very long. I get triggered to easy. Breathing or even remembering to breathe at that point is hopeless. If that is the only reason you think you might be misdiagnosed you might rethink it.
I definitely have social anxiety. I'm constantly worried people are talking about me behind my back. Its lead to a lot of trust issues. I think I've been misdiagnosed because of something they call "white coat syndrome". This is where your bp is elevated simply from being at the doctors office. My father said his bp was consistently 140/80 before his dr. put him on meds. Mine has been consistently higher than that. My dr even said anxiety issues and hbp are common and shes surprised the ER didnt catch it or refer me to my general practitioner. She said if I had a referal I would have been seen sooner. Instead they refered me to a mental health clinic

View attachment 2930643

I did not know you could have it more than once. Thats scary because I hear its quite painful.
And there is a vaccine for shingles.
"Shingles can be prevented"
"Shingles can be what?"
(Anyone else see the commercial?)
There are worse commercials. Like the freestyle libre commercial. Even worse the guy from that show that said "dynomite" telling me about medicare things I dont normally get.

I did not know you could have it more than once. That's scary because I hear its quite painful.

I had chicken pox as a kid, the vaccine and shingles twice. Thank God they were very minor cases. It can get really bad.
It hides in the nervous system and may return when the body is weakened. That may be something obvious like chemotherapy or your body's immune system could be fighting something off and you didn't even know it.
The technical name for chicken pox is "Varicella". Shingles is "Herpes Zoster".
The vaccine for varicella can be separate but is usually contained in the MMRV (measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox) shot. There is also a shingles vaccine.

I definitely have social anxiety. I'm constantly worried people are talking about me behind my back. Its lead to a lot of trust issues. I think I've been misdiagnosed because of something they call "white coat syndrome". This is where your bp is elevated simply from being at the doctors office. My father said his bp was consistently 140/80 before his dr. put him on meds. Mine has been consistently higher than that. My dr even said anxiety issues and hbp are common and shes surprised the ER didnt catch it or refer me to my general practitioner. She said if I had a referal I would have been seen sooner. Instead they refered me to a mental health clinic
:hugs social anxiety sucks! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom