Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Which medical code does Hypercapnia fall under that distinguishes it as a true disability versus just a medical condition? There is a difference. If you don't have a code, plus the qualifying medical paperwork, and have gone through the process...citing the ADA as a threat is an insult to people with real disabilities all over this country.
Does HIPPA Laws ring a bell? HMMMMM? It is not for the disabled to prove they are disabled. Thats what the judicial system is for :thumbsup

Its nice to see that some LAWS work, but MANDATES never do! Not in a free society!

Does HIPPA Laws ring a bell? HMMMMM? It is not for the disabled to prove they are disabled. Thats what the judicial system is for :thumbsup

Its nice to see that some LAWS work, but MANDATES never do! Not in a free society!
I did not ask you about your personal information, just what medical coding the condition falls under. Just like laws, ordinances, and sometimes regulations (depending on the regulation) medical conditions are given codes. It's public information... nothing secretive or personal about it. Even everyday common things like a hematoma have codes.

You are right though, a truly disabled person should not have to prove they are disabled. But a person who might claim they are disabled, in a threatening manner, under false pretenses, to get their way... well that's sad.

I really don't want to wear pants in public. Can I get a dispensation for that? Is it a mandate or a law that I have to wear pants?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but your discussions about refusal to wear a mask sounds like more of a declaration of a political point of view than a world view of a globe of disparate countries trying to grapple with a pervasive disease that is going to kill millions.

Last edited:
I did not ask you about your personal information, just what medical coding the condition falls under. Just like laws, ordinances, and sometimes regulations (depending on the regulation) medical conditions are given codes. It's public information... nothing secretive or personal about it. Even everyday common things like a hematoma have codes.

You are right though, a truly disabled person should not have to prove they are disabled. But a person who might claim they are disabled, in a threatening manner, under false pretenses, to get their way... well that's sad.
There are a lot of working parts in this scenario.

For example, I carry a firearm. Sometimes I open carry. Sometimes I Carry Concealed. It is my right to do so. It is also the right of a business owner to refuse to allow me to carry a weapon in their place of business. In my opinion, it is not discrimination if a private business does not want to serve me if I am open carrying a firearm.

In the Cracker Barrel restaurant situation this week, the employees who encountered me used the "Governor's Mandate" as the reason NOT to serve me. Not a law, not a policy but the "governor's mandate" was the reason not to serve me.

I called their bluff politely and did not use any false pretenses. Hypercapnia is real to me and many others. The ADA is also a real law that has some valid protections.

I didn't have to play my last "card" with Cracker Barrel and may try this one next time they attempt to refuse me service due to a mandate. That "card" is the Investor/Owner card. Cracker Barrel is a publicly traded company. I own stock in CBRL (Nasdaq). As a publicy traded entity their are laws geared toward public companies that are different than private companies. Most public company's do not want to make mistakes that show them in an unlawful light.

This is getting fun isn't it? And I will provide this for FREE! Nothing better than for Fun and for Free!

And that is how COVID19 affected my life this week!

I really don't want to wear pants in public. Can I get a dispensation for that? Is it a mandate or a law that I have to wear pants?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but your discussions about refusal to wear a mask sounds like more of a declaration of a political point of view than a world view of a globe of disparate countries trying to grapple with a pervasive disease that is going to kill millions.
If you don't want to wear pants in public, don't. Wear a dress or wear shorts. It matters not to me. AS far as getting a dispensation for that, hell, I don't care. Get one if you can!

But, if a private company has a No Pants, No Service policy, then it is their right to not serve you. A governor, or a mayor has no jurisdiction rights to issue a mandate over a private company...and private company's have no duty to honor a mandate by an over zealous tax payer funded employee. Pound Sand what I say.

There is nothing political about my refusal to wear a mask. Politics has absolutely nothing to do with it. I am not a political man.

I am a FREE MAN and I CHOOSE TO LIVE MY LIFE FREELY. Easy Peasy!

Nothing more, nothing less!

There are a lot of working parts in this scenario.

For example, I carry a firearm. Sometimes I open carry. Sometimes I Carry Concealed. It is my right to do so. It is also the right of a business owner to refuse to allow me to carry a weapon in their place of business. In my opinion, it is not discrimination if a private business does not want to serve me if I am open carrying a firearm.

In the Cracker Barrel restaurant situation this week, the employees who encountered me used the "Governor's Mandate" as the reason NOT to serve me. Not a law, not a policy but the "governor's mandate" was the reason not to serve me.

I called their bluff politely and did not use any false pretenses. Hypercapnia is real to me and many others. The ADA is also a real law that has some valid protections.

I didn't have to play my last "card" with Cracker Barrel and may try this one next time they attempt to refuse me service due to a mandate. That "card" is the Investor/Owner card. Cracker Barrel is a publicly traded company. I own stock in CBRL (Nasdaq). As a publicy traded entity their are laws geared toward public companies that are different than private companies. Most public company's do not want to make mistakes that show them in an unlawful light.

This is getting fun isn't it? And I will provide this for FREE! Nothing better than for Fun and for Free!

And that is how COVID19 affected my life this week!
Sounds like a whole lot of obfuscation to me.

Hypercapnia is real to me and many others. The ADA is also a real law that has some valid protections.

It is a real medical issue. And the ADA is a real law. Doesn't mean they are related. I own a pair of shoes with a camouflage pattern on them. Doesn't mean that qualifies me as a combat vet. :idunno

Sounds like a whole lot of obfuscation to me.

It is a real medical issue. And the ADA is a real law. Doesn't mean they are related. I own a pair of shoes with a camouflage pattern on them. Doesn't mean that qualifies me as a combat vet. :idunno

Pretty funny! It appears your reply is one of an obfuscator! (Great word by the way! Kids listen and listen well, increase your vocabulary and you will own the world!) :thumbsup

But I'm sorry, I really do not get your point?

"Girls, girls, you're both pretty!"
This discussion is getting pretty tense...

We had to get tested over a week ago. The nose swap feels pretty interesting. The results came back negative.
My littlest one who is 5 had the hardest time so they weren't able to complete the test but it would be a miracle if he had it and not me because I literally don't take my kids anywhere 😖 and I only shop for needed items.

Back
Top Bottom