Brahma not able to walk

WolF111

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2021
I got 2 brahma hens yesterday. They had to stay in transit for almost 8 hours. Now today in morning I can see that one of em is not walking. She looks fine, eats and drinks well but she can't stand. Take a few steps and falls down. What do I do? Help me out!!

I got 2 brahma hens yesterday. They had to stay in transit for almost 8 hours. They both are almost 4 months old . Now today in morning I can see that one of em is not walking. She looks fine, eats and drinks well but she can't stand. Take a few steps and falls down. What do I do? Help me out!!

How old are they?

Did you drive them yourself or had them delivered?

What cage/box were they in?

Did you check for mites and lice?

Did you check their legs and feet for bruises, any part feeling warmer than normal, anything feels broken or twisted?

How old are they?

Did you drive them yourself or had them delivered?

What cage/box were they in?

Did you check for mites and lice?

Did you check their legs and feet for bruises, any part feeling warmer than normal, anything feels broken or twisted?
They are around 4 months old.. got em delivered yesterday. They were actually in a small box . I think that might have been the problem. They legs are alright. Yeah but they had mites but I treated that already. Rn only one of them is suffering from the said problem. She eats and drinks well and looks healthy but she cannot stand. She takes a few steps and then falls down.

They are around 4 months old.. got em delivered yesterday. They were actually in a small box . I think that might have been the problem. They legs are alright. Yeah but they had mites but I treated that already. Rn only one of them is suffering from the said problem. She eats and drinks well and looks healthy but she cannot stand. She takes a few steps and then falls down.
She might be anemic from the blood loss caused by the mites or have been bruised/injured during transport.

Did you already notify the seller?

Last edited:
She might be aneamic from the blood loss caused by the mites or have been bruised/injured during transport.

Did you already notify the seller?
Yeah I already notified him.
How do I treat her anemia. I'm so worried for her.

How do I treat her anemia.
Scrambled eggs and small pieces of raw liver (not poultry!) with grated carrots and some germ oil. Plus a good poultry vitamin additive for their drinking water. It will take some time to restore her strength though.

Scrambled eggs and small pieces of raw liver (not poultry!) with grated carrots and some germ oil. Plus a good poultry vitamin additive for their drinking water. It will take some time to restore her strength though

Scrambled eggs and small pieces of raw liver (not poultry!) with grated carrots and some germ oil. Plus a good poultry vitamin additive for their drinking water. It will take some time to restore her strength though.
Got it..
Shall I even add some protein in their water??

Got it..
Shall I even add some protein in their water??
Increasing their protein uptake by feeding scrambled eggs and some raw liver will suffice. Just add the poultry vitamins to their water and prepare fresh every day for no longer than four consecutive days.

They also need granite grit for digestion and crushed oyster shells or similar source of calcium free choice.

Back
Top Bottom