BR’s Travels -🇩🇪-

Pics
😢 😭
41C85E29-E1EC-4866-872D-E46093818BB9.jpeg

Had to let them go today..
They went with someone from church. They were so nice, and said that they’d take good care of them. They’re off to join a small flock of five. I’m so sad Peep’s gone! 😞 They’re going to a great home, and they’ll update on how the chickens are getting used to the new place..

Heading for Wichita, KS, then SC!! 🤯🚙

@9 Little Dragons
You live in Louisiana? I heard there was a hurricane there but too long ago- we were visiting Florida at that time and saw the furthest reaches of the hurricane out on the Panama beach! 😯 Did you have to evacuate?

Heading for Wichita, KS, then SC!! 🤯🚙

@9 Little Dragons
You live in Louisiana? I heard there was a hurricane there but too long ago- we were visiting Florida at that time and saw the furthest reaches of the hurricane out on the Panama beach! 😯 Did you have to evacuate?
God bless and keep you all safe on your trip!

As for the hurricanes I suspect the big one you are talking about was Katrina, August 2005.

Before then we lived at the low lying area at the mouth of the Mississippi River. We evacuated almost every season, sometimes twice in a given year. A rare few times we got away with a year of not having to evacuate. So yes we evacuated for Katrina.

We lived in Plaquemines Parish, the True Ground Zero for that hurricane. Many people write that it was the Mississippi Gulf Coast where it first touched land. In fact they did take the brunt as much as we did, since we were hardly enough landmass to slow it down, so there is sort of two ground zeroes for the way it came ashore, but just a few miles north of where we lived was the first ground fall (ground zero). The entire community was wiped out. We lost everything but our family and our business. That's because our business was that tugboat that is in the picture I shared on my introduction thread and we evacuated on it and brought it to safe harbor as we were, always, in the habit of doing.

We were so blessed in that, compared to so many who didn't have that salvation of a thriving business to depend on. Our parish didn't lose as many lives as were lost in other places because we were all experienced in evacuating for the possible big one. But there were a couple of people my husband worked with that were lost.

I will say it brought on a great deal of grieving and survivors guilt to see how so many people were affected by it and far worse off than we were, how many communities were devastated. The church community we were part of never came back. They were scattered but landed like good seed in so many different places.

And now we are here in Slidell. Still in hurricane zone but for now where we believe we are supposed to be.

Thank you for asking.

God bless and keep you all safe on your trip!

As for the hurricanes I suspect the big one you are talking about was Katrina, August 2005.

Before then we lived at the low lying area at the mouth of the Mississippi River. We evacuated almost every season, sometimes twice in a given year. A rare few times we got away with a year of not having to evacuate. So yes we evacuated for Katrina.

We lived in Plaquemines Parish, the True Ground Zero for that hurricane. Many people write that it was the Mississippi Gulf Coast where it first touched land. In fact they did take the brunt as much as we did, since we were hardly enough landmass to slow it down, so there is sort of two ground zeroes for the way it came ashore, but just a few miles north of where we lived was the first ground fall (ground zero). The entire community was wiped out. We lost everything but our family and our business. That's because our business was that tugboat that is in the picture I shared on my introduction thread and we evacuated on it and brought it to safe harbor as we were, always, in the habit of doing.

We were so blessed in that, compared to so many who didn't have that salvation of a thriving business to depend on. Our parish didn't lose as many lives as were lost in other places because we were all experienced in evacuating for the possible big one. But there were a couple of people my husband worked with that were lost.

I will say it brought on a great deal of grieving and survivors guilt to see how so many people were affected by it and far worse off than we were, how many communities were devastated. The church community we were part of never came back. They were scattered but landed like good seed in so many different places.

And now we are here in Slidell. Still in hurricane zone but for now where we believe we are supposed to be.

Thank you for asking.
That’s amazing!! I’m so glad you were protected. ❤️ 😲 It was a different one that I was thinking of though, sometime last year I believe.. it must’ve not been super big, but a lot of the hotels were were going to were full. I forgot the name of the hurricane, though. I think that it wasss… Ida?

That’s amazing!! I’m so glad you were protected. ❤️ 😲 It was a different one that I was thinking of though, sometime last year I believe.. it must’ve not been super big, but a lot of the hotels were were going to were full. I forgot the name of the hurricane, though. I think that it wasss… Ida?
Well that one hit very near here in Slidell!!! So yeah a few places got it bad. We were just a few days away from signing the papers on this house. (keep in mind it's one on pier pilings raised above ground) but it flooded bad here, supposed to be the first time since Katrina but it does have me worried. I expected my husband to back out of the deal, but he didn't. he wanted the house and bought it regardless. So I already have a Chicken evacuation plan should their be another flood like that one.

Well that one hit very near here in Slidell!!! So yeah a few places got it bad. We were just a few days away from signing the papers on this house. (keep in mind it's one on pier pilings raised above ground) but it flooded bad here, supposed to be the first time since Katrina but it does have me worried. I expected my husband to back out of the deal, but he didn't. he wanted the house and bought it regardless. So I already have a Chicken evacuation plan should their be another flood like that one.
Oh, that’s good. I don’t think they can swim. 😅

Back
Top Bottom