2 week old chick labored breathing, gasping, lethargy

How’s she doing this morning?
Really well! Still can't walk but she's more alert. She's not heaving nearly as much, just want her breathing to become just a bit less labored. She still mostly keeps eyes closed but with her last feeding she was actually flapping her wings in an attempt to fight me!

Got medicated chick pellets for her to make mash with. Went to the same feed store to see if she was vaccinated or not. She apparently wasn't vaccinated for ANYTHING. guessing including Marek's. I'll be using Corid with her when she ages out of the chick feed to keep her safer from Coccidiosis. It is the last thing she needs right now.
I'm now afraid she may have Marek's, which means the improvements I'm seeing may be the start of the end? She's still adjusting her position though

She is also apparently a Black Star. Is that just a different name for black sex link? They look identical

To my knowledge, I believe they are the same breed, but I hope someone jumps on here to verify for you. I’m happy to know that she’s doing better. 🥰 Have you named her? Since you’re concerned about Mareks (I’ve never had my flock experience it), I’m going to tag @Wyorp Rock for this. Please keep updating (tag me and Debbie). We’d really like to hear how she’s doing.

To my knowledge, I believe they are the same breed, but I hope someone jumps on here to verify for you. I’m happy to know that she’s doing better. 🥰 Have you named her? Since you’re concerned about Mareks (I’ve never had my flock experience it), I’m going to tag @Wyorp Rock for this. Please keep updating (tag me and Debbie). We’d really like to hear how she’s doing.
Thank you so much! I have dealt with it years ago with a different hen that lost function in her legs from it. It seems pretty similar unfortunately. The fact she's almost back to normal breathing and is still not walking really makes me feel it's not breeder pneumonia, or it was and it caused brain damage

Also yes! Her name is Azula!

Back
Top Bottom