Hello all!
I’ve been out of town for a week and haven’t had a chance to read back yet. In the meantime, here are some preemptive Thirsty Thursday hens for the early risers:
EBF7F8ED-5B9E-415E-ACEB-53B7F87107E5.jpeg

And some dubious chicks, finding that their “free time” in the adult’s run isn’t to their liking. They had been moved out to a small integration pen (the pet fencing visible in the back of this run, which encloses their miniature coop) out there last week, and so far it’s been peaceful.
37C8AB83-E80F-4A5D-9A09-7AF618C0F77A.jpeg

I am SO bad.

I went to Peavey Mart today and they had chicks. Well I stood there and looked at them for a while, then went did my shopping and came back. I caved and bought 3 black australorps and 3 prairie bluebell eggers. I'm suffering from chicken math 😜
Awwww! They had astralorps?! All they have here are the mixed brown egg layers and coloured egg layers mix.

I was hoping they would offer Brahmas but of well I have enough now maybe next year.

You might ask for a small amount like 5cc.

You have bantams so they will take an extremely small amount. Something like a half a drop on the skin of the bird.

I would personally start with the Panacur in water. 3cc to a gallon of water for 5 days. Repeat in two weeks time. Make sure they don’t have access to any other water than the treated stuff.

I would also do a fecal test if you have a lab or veterinarian that can do this and if it’s not too expensive.

That’s the whole problem with having poultry, many vets won’t treat them as they are classified as livestock and then there is the at times extreme expense of going to a vet.

Good luck.
I didn't realize how hard would be to treat the little bantams, if only they never got sick... If I need to deworm them in the future the idea of ivermectin killing internal and external parasites looks good, I can't afford a lab test, it's expensive, and finding a good vet who have experince with chickens where I live, It's not just going to be expensive, it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
thank you!

I can’t sleep. I had a dream about me and Jaffar walking together side by side just chatting about life’s challenges. Normally I’d be able to hug and pet him but now I can’t. I have the six littles and Xzit in my room, but they are all asleep. I won’t bother them.
:hit

Short story but true. I was riding my lawnmower at the church, where Sir Jaffar was buried. I came close to the tree that I had laid his body to rest. In honor, I stopped the engine and looked over my shoulder. On the ground was a $dollar so I thought. It turned out to be a $50 dollar bill and another $10 dollar bill near it. I kneeled down and prayed with my lost buddy, finished my work mowing the lawn and then I took my self to Subway Sandwich shop for a free meal. I brought back home what I didn’t eat and gave it to Sir Jaffar’s ladies. Who doesn’t like Subway!! :old:love

Short story but true. I was riding my lawnmower at the church, where Sir Jaffar was buried. I came close to the tree that I had laid his body to rest. In honor, I stopped the engine and looked over my shoulder. On the ground was a $dollar so I thought. It turned out to be a $50 dollar bill and another $10 dollar bill near it. I kneeled down and prayed with my lost buddy, finished my work mowing the lawn and then I took my self to Subway Sandwich shop for a free meal. I brought back home what I didn’t eat and gave it to Sir Jaffar’s ladies. Who doesn’t like Subway!! :old:love
If anyone wants to see the church yard where my beloved rooster is buried, let me know and I’ll take pictures of the church lawn.

Back
Top Bottom