Buff Orpington roo x any breed hen - what did you get?

Not sure your wanted it šŸ˜ but here's my rooster he is 7 months standing tall after crowing! I just love his fluffy pants šŸ˜
I figured it was your guy in your ā€avatarā€(?), he is beautiful! Bummer we canā€™t ship eggs across the Atlanticā€¦ I got chickens 2 years ago and immediately became Crazy Chicken Lady, had no idea they would be that much fun! Now next project is to breed (let Helen sit on more eggs sheā€™s a killer mom) my BO Rooster with my Beige/White Swedish Flower hen, my Olive Eggers and eventually my Cream Legbar when she starts laying. And of course, my lovely stiped ladies, my Barred Rocks. Will be a few months but canā€™t wait to see the result!

Last edited:
Wow, just wanted to pop in to say your roo is totally stunning. Gives me hope for my cockerel! He is 5 1/2 weeks, and almost the size of one of my mature RIR hens, itā€™s crazy how quickly he is growing and how big he is. I got two BO ā€œpulletsā€ from TSC this spring, we learned very quickly that one was a cockerel. We were attached to him though, heā€™s quite sweet and takes care of his siblings which makes us think heā€™ll be a great roo to the rest of the flock too when the time comes. If he turns out half as beautiful as yours, we will be very happy!!

Wow, just wanted to pop in to say your roo is totally stunning. Gives me hope for my cockerel! He is 5 1/2 weeks, and almost the size of one of my mature RIR hens, itā€™s crazy how quickly he is growing and how big he is. I got two BO ā€œpulletsā€ from TSC this spring, we learned very quickly that one was a cockerel. We were attached to him though, heā€™s quite sweet and takes care of his siblings which makes us think heā€™ll be a great roo to the rest of the flock too when the time comes. If he turns out half as beautiful as yours, we will be very happy!!
Ah, thatā€™s so sweet - thank you! I am sure yoursā€™ll be stunning! And great choice, we had a different roo (Swedish Flower) when Hassan was hatched, I got 9 roos in that hatch and sold all but this guy, but he didnā€™t reach his full potential until I sold my Flower roo - thatā€™s when he shodes his true self and he is awesome - the best roo Iā€™ve ever had. So good on you for keeping him!

Back
Top Bottom