Baby Rat Growth

Pics
Well things got switched around now i have a bigger problem something stole one on my ducks from my shed so now my gander and pair of ducks are in my rat shed until i can see what im dealing with on that so maybe that will deter wild rats for a bit in that shed. I still have one from a last litter missing her front arm because of one and some missing tails thought i got the big rat but this new one looks like a female possibly did see a dying female few weeks ago.
I’m sorry to hear that you lost a duck also. Sounds like a good idea keeping the gander, ducks, and rats in one safe building until you can get rid of the predators. As long as all entry points are covered, they will hopefully be safe while you do away with the culprits. Fortifying and watching one building right now will be much easier on you, as you come up with a new game plan. I’ve never had a wild rat actually attack one of my animals (and, I know they will), but I’ve seen a few on my property. I’ve found the most effective way to deal with them is poison bait chunks. I don’t feel good about using them, but I also know that a pair of wild rats can become dozens and dozens very quickly… especially if there’s no black snakes, etc, to deal with them for me.

I’m sorry to hear that you lost a duck also. Sounds like a good idea keeping the gander, ducks, and rats in one safe building until you can get rid of the predators. As long as all entry points are covered, they will hopefully be safe while you do away with the culprits. Fortifying and watching one building right now will be much easier on you, as you come up with a new game plan. I’ve never had a wild rat actually attack one of my animals (and, I know they will), but I’ve seen a few on my property. I’ve found the most effective way to deal with them is poison bait chunks. I don’t feel good about using them, but I also know that a pair of wild rats can become dozens and dozens very quickly… especially if there’s no black snakes, etc, to deal with them for me.
Turns out its not one coon...its two!
Screenshot_20240531_120137.jpg

Back
Top Bottom