Are these Easter Eggers or..?

They look like they could be California Whites, but like you I am not positive.
Their coloring throws me off, some have quite a lot of black spots and their heads are growing in more of an off white color. It’s hard to see in those pictures but it makes it look like their heads are dirty, you can sort of see the difference here lol
IMG_8198.jpeg

Their coloring throws me off, some have quite a lot of black spots and their heads are growing in more of an off white color. It’s hard to see in those pictures but it makes it look like their heads are dirty, you can sort of see the difference here lolView attachment 3840321
I was noticing that too.

Looking back in the thread, I notice this post:
What hatchery did they come from? They could be sapphire splash or California whites.
Being Splash would be one explanation for the way they are colored, and they do look a bit like the photos on Hoovers website:

https://www.hoovershatchery.com/sapphiresplash.html

When they grow up the rest of the way, the body shape and egg color might also help sort this out. California Whites should lay white eggs, Sapphire Splashes should lay brown eggs, Easter Eggers should lay blue or green eggs.

I was noticing that too.

Looking back in the thread, I notice this post:

Being Splash would be one explanation for the way they are colored, and they do look a bit like the photos on Hoovers website:

https://www.hoovershatchery.com/sapphiresplash.html

When they grow up the rest of the way, the body shape and egg color might also help sort this out. California Whites should lay white eggs, Sapphire Splashes should lay brown eggs, Easter Eggers should lay blue or green eggs.
They definitely look a bit like the splash! Yes I figure I’ll have a much better idea once they actually start laying. I’ll have to post back here once they do in case this happens to anyone else in the future haha

Hi! I've been searching for others like this! We have some of these girls too! We've come to the conclusion they're Cali whites or Splash Andalusians. Ours are 12 weeks.

Attachments

• 20240505_120331.jpg
    20240505_120331.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240429_151304.jpg
    20240429_151304.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom